awaken new hope
our hearts with
a fresh awareness
of your opportunities,
call us beyond
and set us ablaze
for your purposes,
lead us in your dance
to seek you,
to know you,
to share you,
to be freed by you...
and capture our
with unfolding visions
of your eternal story;
God with us,
always with us
ever with us!
This picture by Dave Perry inspired the poem above, he really caught my imagination by describing the crowd drawn by this performer and description of the way she moved!
Here are the first of the links from the whole team:
- ron cole at the weary pilgrim – advent: reimagining everything
- liz dyer at grace rules – expect the unexpected
- sarah styles bessey at emerging mummy – in which i’m expecting something from advent
- miz melly at perchance to dream – parousia
- kathy escobar at the carnival in my head – present, humble, vulnerable
- David Perry at Visual Theology – Advent As A Mirror of Possibility
- Christine Sine at Godspace – Jesus Is Coming What Do We Expect?
- Liz VerHage at Living Theology
- Sally Coleman at Sally’s Journey – Come Spirit of Advent
- Jeremy Myers at Till He Comes – Jesus Is Returning Today
- Glenn Hager – Antithetical Advent